Sunday, November 07, 2004

College Football Bowl System

The NCAA has to get it right and change their methods of naming a football champion at the end of the season. The system now just doesn't work without a playoff system. Seriously, how fair is it to have computers ranking where you play for a bowl game in December/January? How many games have the computers actually seen?

One reason why I'm sure the playoff system won't take affect is that money is a huge factor in all of this and money is KING. My plan and I'll let you know, the NCAA hasn't called or e-mailed me saying how much they like my plan and will institute it in 2005.

Take the top 8 teams in early December, have them play at a neutral site as they do now, heck you can even have the games called a Bowl game and have it sponsored as they are now. The winners advance, and keep playing each weekend until January 1 which will be the Final Four and the two teams that win their games play next Saturday night for the Championship. Now the NCAA will tell you that playing all these games will take away from the students not studying and losing valuable time on their finals, trust me they are more worried about the overall mighty dollar, not that some wide receiver gets a B on their biology exam. If this is the case, why is it that the 1A can do a playoff system?

I think a playoff system needs to be added to determine a a National champion or the talk will go on and on until the new season begins.

2 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger yoni cohen :: http://yocohoops.com said...

Hey-

Came across your blog today. Good stuff. The Lakesr - like the Yanks - probably make a profit.

Noticed you were a college sports fan. Hoping you could add a blogroll link to my college basketball blog, http://collegeball.blogspot.com. I'd very much appreciate a link on your site.

And would gladly return the favor, adding a link from my site to yours.

Thanks!

Yoni Cohen, http://collegeball.blogspot.com
College Basketball Blog

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger AllSportsNews said...

I'll add a link tonight. Looking forward to the traffic trading and trading articles, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home