Saturday, November 20, 2004

Chaotic Fight Breaks Out In Pistons and Pacers Game

This has to be one of the most unreal sports scenes I've seen since I've been alive, bear with me as I'm 28 years old and I wasn't around to see the fight in the stands with the Boston Bruins and New York Ranger fans.

This fight between the Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons started when Ben Wallace made a hard shove to Ron Artest after a foul and from there all hell broke loose. The arguing between the two teams was pretty heated and seemed to be getting under control until a fan threw what appeared to be a beer or a soda at Ron Artest who was laying on the scorer's table. After watching SportsCenter a few times it appeared to me that the fans caused this and it's a shame that any fan who was innocent and taking a possible hard punch by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now, I'm not condoning any of the players actions but it didn't appear any of the players from either side threw anything into the crowd before any of this started. They are in the heat of battle at a tense moment and you have some jerk throw something on you and you can see why this happened.

There will be some major suspensions from this outbreak which is a given, the question will be how many of those fans in the stands will contact their laywer for a possible payday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home